The cooperative programs permit the promotion and differentiation of destinations while incorporating a "call to action" and "hard sell" in order to seek out information and close sales.
:: General Objective
Define and establish, together with destinations and commercial partners, the budgets determined by the joint efforts of the various stakeholders who promote tourism in Mexico. The aim is to multiply the impact of the messages and promotional activities in the target markets, achieving economies of scale and competitive advantages for all participants.
- Conduct negotiations with direct partners (hotels, airlines, tour operators, etc.).
- Develop and implement promotional efforts in terms of the budgets available for each of the destinations with the aim of achieving a balance of efficiency in the activities.
- The commercial priority is to communicate hard-sell messages.
- Use communications media that allow us the greatest coverage and reach within the target group.
- Promote the diversification of the traditional attractions of sea and sand toward the promotion of complementary options that lengthen stays and enrich the product.
METHODOLOGY FOR THE EVALUATION OF THE VIABILITY OF REACHING A COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT WITH THE MEXICO TOURISM BOARD
The Mexico Tourism Board, convinced of the need to strengthen the scheme known as "Cooperative Agreements for the Promotion of Tourism," makes available to the country’s tourism sector this methodology for evaluating the viability of Cooperative Agreements proposed by companies and public and private institutions linked to Mexican tourism.
>> Document "Methodology for the evaluation of the viability of reaching an Agreement."